Promotions Terms and Conditions
From time to time Scruffy Fella may run a Trade Promotion in the form of a game of skill, or a game of chance on various platforms eg Social Media or In Person.
All Trade Promotions are conducted in line with the Victorian guidelines located at https://www.vcglr.vic.gov.au/gambling/lotteries/trade-promotion-lotteries/about-trade-promotion-lotteries
Where the Trade Promotion is via Facebook, the following statement applies;
By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Please see below for the Terms and Conditions of the current promotion;
1) Information on how to enter the Competition forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry. This Competition is being run at www.facebook.com/scruffyfella/ during the Promotional Period.
2) The Competition commences at 6:15 PM AEST on Tuesday the 3rd of April 2018 and concludes at 6:00pm on Monday the 9th of April 2018 during the ‘Promotional Period’.
The collection of photos (selfies) will close at 6pm AEST 03/04/18. Polling will begin on 03/04/18 and finish at 6pm AEDST 9/04/18
3) The promoter of this competition is Nigel Bullamore trading as Scruffy Fella (ABN 77 009 843 938), 423 Old Melbourne Road, Ballan Vic 3342 Telephone: 0402 132 043 ('Promoter').
4) Officers, employees and immediate families of officers and employees of the Promoter, the associated companies and contractors of the Promoter, and any other agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter.
5) Competition open to entrants 18 years of age or over, or they must have an appropriate adult complete the entry form for them / of any age.
6) One entry, per person over the competition period / Trade Promotion
7) People may enter the Competition by commenting on the post, attaching a photograph of themselves (a selfie), liking the "Scruffy Fella" Facebook page, and using the #SCRUFFYFELLA hashtag in the comment.
8) Entries must be completed on the Facebook post located at https://www.facebook.com/scruffyfella.
a) Entrants must have a Facebook account to enter.
b) The cost of entering the Competition will be dependent on the entrant's individual Internet Service Provider.
9) The prize consists of: A Scruffy Fella Australian Botanics Skin Care Pack, valued at $83. https://scruffyfella.com.au/collections/packs/products/australian-botanics-skin-care-pack (‘the Prize’).
a) The Prize is subject to any written conditions provided with the Prize.
b) If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
c) Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of publishing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the prize redemption date.
10) The winner of the Competition will be: Determined random number draw where a sequential number will be assigned to each valid entry on Facebook as a comment after the photograph (selfie) has been submitted. Only one entry per person is allowed.
The random number generated at the time of draw will be selected as the winner ("winning entry"). The range of number eligible will be between the lowest and highest number assigned to all valid entries. The result will be broadcast live on the Scruffy Fella Facebook page.
The Promoter reserves the right to draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner need not be present at the draw.
11) The winner of the Prize will be notified by Facebook within two business days of being determined/selected.
12) The Prize will be posted to the winner within two business days from the winner supplying Scruffy Fella with valid contact and postal details. Failure to supply valid contact and postal details for the Prize within this time will result in it being forfeited and the Promoter may draw/select another winner for the Prize, subject to any approval or directions of a relevant regulatory authority.
13) The Prize awarded may not be exactly as illustrated in displays or marketing for the Promotion.
14) Unless otherwise specified, prizes or any unused portion of a prize, are not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
15) If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize equal to the value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
16) The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry or prize claim that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. An entry that is incomplete, indecipherable, illegible or non-compliant with these terms and conditions is invalid and will not be accepted or considered. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
17) If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition to the full extent permitted by law and subject to any approval or directions from a regulatory authority.
18) The Promoter's decision is final and no other correspondence will be entered into.
19) It is a condition of entry that the entrant consents to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner of a Prize (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of the Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products and services, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or otherwise.
20) All entries, including any copyright in the entries, become the property of the Promoter.
21) By entering the Competition, an entrant releases and indemnifies the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) from and against all actions, liabilities, penalties, claims or demands the entrant may have against the Promoter or that the Promoter may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an entrant entering or participating in the Competition or winning or failing to win a prize, or using or permitting any other person to use the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable. Privacy, Spam Act and Do Not Call Register Act Statement: The Promoter collects the entrants’ personal information to assist it in promoting the Centre and the retailers of the Centre and to process the competition entries.
By entering the competition, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also expressly consents to:
(a) the Promoter (or any of its related companies) contacting an entrant by any means (including by electronic message or by telephone) to let the entrant know about goods, services or promotions which the Promoter considers may be of interest to the entrant;
(b) the Promoter (or any of its related companies) disclosing the entrants’ personal information to other persons or entities who may: (i) assist the Promoter in promoting Scruffy Fella or running competitions (including by sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant on the Promoter’s behalf); or (ii) use that information, in any media, for their own marketing, promotional or publicity purposes (and each entrant expressly consents to such persons or entities contacting the entrant by electronic message or by telephone in relation to goods or services), without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant. The express consent referred to in this Statement continues until the withdrawal of that consent is effective (as set out under applicable law). Entrants’ personal information may also be disclosed to State Lottery agencies and the winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. All personal details of the entrant will be stored at the offices of the Promoter. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to that office.
22) This Competition may be cancelled, modified or suspended if an event occurs that significantly impedes the Competition from proceeding on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, computer viruses, technical failure, severe weather events, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, suspend or modify the Competition subject to any relevant law or instruction provided by the relevant regulator.
23) If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which have the effect of affecting or corrupting affect the security, administration or integrity of this Competition (Interference), then in relation to the Interference the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
Thank You and enjoy the Promotion